Apcera Named A Winner of 2016 EMA Innovators of Amazon re:Invent Award
Award Reflects Apcera’s Strong and Accelerating Market and Industry Analyst Momentum
SAN FRANCISCO — December 15, 2016 — Apcera, the leader in enterprise container management, today announced that it was named a winner among the EMA Innovators of Amazon re:Invent 2016. This award, along with recent market analyst reports from IDC, 451 Research, ESG and Current Analysis, underscores Apcera’s critical role in the emerging container management landscape. While Apcera fully addresses enterprises’ need to deploy Docker in production securely, it also offers enterprises the only container management platform built for modernizing legacy applications.
“At Apcera, we believe that extraordinary success requires extraordinary technology built by extraordinary people,” said Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer at Apcera. “As containers continue to become a more mainstream and vital technology, enterprises around the globe are recognizing the transformative power of Apcera, particularly in regards to bringing their legacy applications into the world of cloud technology.”
Industry Analysts Recognize Apcera as the Container Management Platform for the Enterprise
This year, Apcera received consistent, positive analyst recognition for its work in container management. Recent highlights include:
- IDC: A November vendor profile report highlighting Apcera’s policy-driven enterprise-grade container management platform, states that the platform “allows IT teams to deploy, orchestrate, and govern containers as well as legacy and cloud-native workloads across any infrastructure -- public cloud, private cloud, or bare metal -- with a very high level of security and trust.”
- 451 Research: An October report, “Apcera Steps Up In Fight To Support Enterprise Containers At Scale With Security," described the Apcera Platform as “a secure and complete, policy-driven container management platform that can support containers and cloud-native applications, as well as modernizing x86 applications,” and detailed Apcera’s strength and leading position as a true, enterprise-grade container management platform.
- Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG): An October report by ESG, “Apcera: A Container Management Platform Built for Secure and Trustworthy Operations,” described the Apcera Platform as a “container management platform that is designed for legacy and modern applications with security and trustworthy operations in mind,” and detailed Apcera’s suitability for production, as well as its use of policy and governance, differentiating it from other solutions on the market.
- Current Analysis: Current Analysis highlighted Apcera’s competitive advantage in a November New Release Assessment Report. The report stated that Apcera is addressing top of mind enterprise objectives and is “gaining mindshare in the industry among container management circles due to its notable leadership roots, key cloud and technology partnerships, and focus on managing the application lifecycle including policy controls, targeting IT operations.”
- Enterprise Management Associates (EMA): Last week, EMA named Apcera a winner in the EMA Innovators of Amazon re:Invent 2016, calling Apcera’s value proposition “exciting.”
In addition to the above highlights, Apcera has also been recognized in several other reports from Gartner, IDC, 451 Research, ESG, The FactPoint Group Focus on Containers, Current Analysis and Wikibon.
The Apcera Platform is a flexible, enterprise-grade container management platform that can deploy, orchestrate and govern cloud-native and legacy applications across on-premises, cloud or hybrid environments. Complete out of the box, Apcera provides container workflow, orchestration, scheduling, storage, networking, plus a container engine, delivering a complete, enterprise-ready solution for businesses. With strong capabilities around containerizing legacy applications and workloads, Apcera gives enterprises investment protection while delivering industry-leading agility and time-to-value, all with full security and control.
- Apcera Container Management Platform
- Apcera Platform Community Edition (CE)
- Whiteboard Video: The Apcera Platform
- Apcera Blog
- Apcera on Twitter