San Francisco, California, United States · Engineering
Apcera, founded in 2012 by industry veteran Derek Collison, is redefining the container management platform space with the only technology that enables both cloud native and legacy applications. NATS is a core component to the Apcera platform. The NATS team at Apcera maintains the simple, high-performance open source messaging system for cloud native applications, IoT messaging and microservices architecture--the NATS server, the NATS Streaming Server, NATS.cloud and several clients. At Apcera, you’ll be part of a team where ideas, innovation, and diversity are embraced and celebrated.
As a Sr. Engineer on the NATS team, you’ll be responsible for delivering the future of messaging infrastructure on an open source, secure, simple and performant messaging system written in Go--along with clients in most other languages.
As a small team responsible for managing an open source community, while delivering high-quality software, we need people who are great communicators and educators, who happen to have impeccable engineering skills.
- Develop Go servers and client APIs
- Develop APIs and integrations in at least one other major language (C#, Java, Node.js)
- Architect cloud-based and on-premise messaging solutions
- Educate through screencasts, blog posts, talks and tutorials
- 5+ years overall of Software Engineering Experience
- 3+ years of experience with distributed application or event-based architecture internals
- Experience implementing and executing Disaster Recovery and Fault Tolerance for an application
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Understand network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP) and network programming in at least one major language
- Understand security protocols (TLS)
- Desire to work with Open Source Community
- Experience with messaging systems: NATS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS, TIBCO
- Presentation, blog, or tutorial writing experience
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent Educational or Work Experience
- Competitive salary and equity-based incentives
- Great location in the heart of SOMA SF
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free weekly gourmet lunches, when on-site.
- 100% premium-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K Matching
Apcera is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Note: Apcera does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Apcera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity, background, and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.